Friday, January 16, 2009

Windfall

Sometimes Life is just like a series of continous low tides... mundane and soothing. Other times its like waves crashing against my face and its all I can do to keep myself from flying away with the trade winds. ... Its not the the storm that scares me... I know it will pass, they all do. What scares me is what damage will be left in its wake.. .. What do I do to shelter myself? Why wasn't I prepared for this? How many people are going to be devastated by the force of nature run amok? Why didn't I run when the clouds started to gather and darken? What in me runs to the edge of the Ocean to see it and attempt to embrace it? Yet there I stand along with all the other grains in the sand... at the mercy of the crashing waves and wind... blown from the place of comfort and stillness...

Or perhaps I can take a different view of it all... as my dream lover says: "pokito a poko entiendo que no vale la pena andar por andar, ques mejor caminar pa ir creciendo... volvere a sentarme con los mio, volvere a compartir mi alegria
volvere pa contarte que he soƱado
colores nuevos y dias claros
(Lamari de Chambao)

No comments:

Post a Comment